Welcome to Maharashtra Olympiad Movement
Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Ltd. (MKCL) believes that excellence can be nurtured amongst school children by identifying their natural talent, providing them with appropriate guidance and creating measures to grade them as per the international standards. There is also a need for knowledge based – knowledge centric examination and/or grading system comparable to these international standards. After all, the ultimate academic examinations for students are International Olympiad examinations in various subjects.
MKCL along with Indian Consortium for Educational Transformation (I-CONSENT) have therefore, started a movement called Maharashtra Olympiad Movement (MOM) for standard 5 to 10 students which aims to facilitate students from urban as well as rural areas, so that they become capable of winning International Olympiad Medals.
Question of the Week
- Sodium hydroxide
- Magnesium hydroxide
- Potassium hydroxide
- Zinc hydroxide
E-mail your answer with your name, school and city to email@example.com with subject line "MOM : Question of the week".
If you answer this question correctly, your name will be displayed on this page.
Winners of last question of the week:
1) Mihir Madhav Gokhale, United English School, Chiplun
2) Shaurin Girish Bandivadekar, S.P.M. English Medium School, Parshuram, Chiplun
3) Swarang Joshi, Sevasadan English Medium school, Pune
4) Shubham Ramchandra Bhosale, Muralidhar (Anna) Honrao High School,Shrigonda
5) Prajwal Pradeep Shete,St.Xavier's High School Nasik Rd, Nasik
6) Nikhil ramchandra Dudhuke, Pandit Bachharaj Vyas Vidyalaya, Nagpur
7) Sameep Aynoor, DAV Public School, Thane
8) Sanika Gaikwad, DAV Public School
9) Vedanti Vishwas Vichare, Suresh Damodar Gadre Eng. Med. School, Chiplun
10) Aakanksha Dhaigude , Carmel Convent School, Khopoli
Answer of last question of the week:
Below two groups of organ systems are given. Each group contains one odd element. Identify odd element.
Group – I -: Stomach, Saliva, Alveoli, intestine
Group – II - : Trachea, diaphragm, bronchioles, bile juice.
- Group – I – Saliva Group – II – bile juice
- Group – I – Alveoli Group – II – bile juice
- Group – I – Stomach Group – II – bile juice
- Group – I – Alveoli Group – II – bronchioles
Correct Answer : (b) Group – I – Alveoli Group – II – bile juice