Welcome to Maharashtra Olympiad Movement
Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Ltd. (MKCL) believes that excellence can be nurtured amongst school children by identifying their natural talent, providing them with appropriate guidance and creating measures to grade them as per the international standards. There is also a need for knowledge based – knowledge centric examination and/or grading system comparable to these international standards. After all, the ultimate academic examinations for students are International Olympiad examinations in various subjects.
MKCL along with Indian Consortium for Educational Transformation (I-CONSENT) have therefore, started a movement called Maharashtra Olympiad Movement (MOM) for standard 5 to 10 students which aims to facilitate students from urban as well as rural areas, so that they become capable of winning International Olympiad Medals.
Question of the Week
Below two groups of organ systems are given. Each group contains one odd element. Identify odd element.
Group – I -: Stomach, Saliva, Alveoli, intestine
Group – II - : Trachea, diaphragm, bronchioles, bile juice.
- Group – I – Saliva Group – II – bile juice
- Group – I – Alveoli Group – II – bile juice
- Group – I – Stomach Group – II – bile juice
- Group – I – Alveoli Group – II – bronchioles
E-mail your answer with your name, school and city to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "MOM : Question of the week".
If you answer this question correctly, your name will be displayed on this page.
Winner of last question of the week:
1) Mihir Madhav Gokhale, United English School, Chiplun
2) Krishna Dhakne, Bal Vidya Mandir Highschool, Parbhani
3) Shaurin Girish Bandivadekar, S.P.M. English Medium School, Parshuram, Chiplun
4) Saloni Anil Joshi, Rotary English Medium School, Khed
5) Janhavi Vishwas Vichare, Suresh Damodar Gadre English Medium School, Chiplun
Answer of last question of the week:
When two bodies A and B are immersed in the water, it is found that loss of weight of each body is same. It can be therefore inferred that__________.
- They have same weight in air
- They have same densities
- They have same weight in water
- They have same volume
Correct Answer : (d) They have same volume